Tuesday, March 8, 2016

road running and racing

You might have guessed by looking at some of my pics, we (I) like to run. And I love races... so, let's talk about what races have happened so far this year.


New Years Day - I did something called The Beast. it was a 1 mile, 5k and 10k run sequentially. It was a great start to the year and I was very thankful sis let me do it! We had done a 5k the night before with her and my girls.

In January, I also did a local (free) 5 miler with my sister. It was her second 5 miler and I was proud of her! It was a speedy crowd and she felt discouraged at the end, but she wasn't last. So, that was good. My time was 49:xx.

February - I did my first half marathon of the year, last month. It was a one-mile loop course and flat. I'd never done that kind of course before and it was pretty nice. The weather was gorgeous. Scott and my girls came with me and I got to see them twice while I was running. I also got to see other running friends more than once on the course. That was the best. I'm glad I didn't do the full, though, because it was a speedy crowd and things seemed to be shutting down before the 5 hr limit.

 

The pic below is the route we took for a Leap Day 4K run. Girls and Ellen and I went...

 
March, I did a local 10 mile race on a nice flat out-and-back paved trail. This was another free event if you were a member of the running club, which I am. :) I did OK and maintained the 10mm's that I wanted. Ended up at 1:48:xx.
 


 
I have another 10 miler that I'll be pacing this month. That is a FIRST for me. I've never officially paced before. Sis will be going with me and doing her first-ever 10k, too. I'm excited about that! Then, I have the Heart Mini half the same weekend. Also in March, if I choose to do so, there's another free 10-miler that I might use for training. Always fun to get out and run with people and a supported course.



My girls are going at least one 5k this month, probably 2 5k's. M-S will be doing girls on the run (GOTR) and a 5k with that in May. Lil M isn't in GOTR, but will run the 5k with us, anyway. They will also be doing 2 or 3 5k's in May. They like them, and I don't push. They go at their own speed, most of the time. Sometimes, they want Mommy to help them get a PR, so we do that, too. :D

Lots more to come in April and May. :) I am very blessed that I have people who will run with me/us, or hangout with the girls and allow me to run. I couldn't do it without them, for sure.

Peace.

No comments: