Monday, January 4, 2010

Constantly Learning

One of my overriding philosophies in life is to have a constantly learning mind... be open to learning. Well, apparently, T, doesn't have that same philosophy. She came home with a list of "big words" tonight... and said she just had to write them out... when I looked at them, they are words I use.

Her answer was... she doesn't need to remember them because she will never use them. Well. I guess that's true if you don't want to learn something to learn something. Her only goal is to do what she is told. No more.

I can see this is going to be an uphill battle. Or, one I'll just have to let go. Oh well. Let's see how tomorrow goes... sort of disappointing...however, not surprising.

Peace.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

All you can do is keep trying to lead by example, I guess.

Beautiful Mess said...

I agree with rachelbk. Lead by example and she will follow in her own time and her own way. Plus she's 17 and "knows" everything already ;o)
*HUGS*