Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Updates

It seems I'm having a little tougher time updating this blog than my normal one... sorry about that!

I've been reading a lot lately about being more frugal, green and self-sufficient (homesteading, gardening, canning). I like to consider myself more "green" than most, but there are things that I definitely like that are comforts. For example, I do line dry some clothes in the summer, but I don't do ALL of them, and I don't do ALL of them indoors in the winter. I do use a clothes dryer. I would imagine most people do. But it is kind of cool line drying them, and knowing I don't *have* to use electricity for absolutely everything... 'cause, let's face it, I use it for a lot!! lol

Try going without electricity for even a few minutes, and you'll know what I'm talking about. Besides leaving the fridge on, I think I could manage it for a day here and there.

I don't really have anything good to write about today... Mia is good. Things have calmed down here a bit with the job I took in October. I didn't realize just how awful a job could make your personal life, when you have a child that you're worrying about, too. I mean, when you're single and no kids... if work sucks, it isn't the end of the world (not great, but not a deal breaker). Times have changed for me, though, and that was definitely difficult.

Don't get me wrong, I still worry. ha. But, it's mostly because I am a consultant right now, and I would feel better if it were a permanent job. Still praying for that!!

Peace.

No comments: