Saturday, March 14, 2009

Sis update

Sis has officially gotten custody of my nephew! They are still following the shared parenting, so it doesn't change much until the fall, when she can put him in the school by her. But, I hope this bodes well for the final divorce hearing in june. God, please. It's been a rough go for them, but Nephew needs to be with his Mom. That is for sure. I hope it happens soon.

But for now, we're relishing the tiny win of custody!! :D

Sis seems to be doing a little better overall, too. She doesn't get paid what she's worth at her job, and I"m trying to convince her to try to get the to give her more money, or move somewhere else where she can get more. It'll take time, but it is a definite need.

As for me, I got a new cell phone this week. I love it. I've been trying to lower my monthly budget bills, and this was one way. Which means other things can get paid. It also means Sis won't be on my plan for now, but that will actually save us money. So, let's see how it goes. I felt kind of bad about it, but I think it might work out OK. And, I'm totally digging the fact that my new cell phone battery is still at 3 bars, and it's been since Wed that I got it!!! WOOT.

I'm looking into digital home phone service, to see if I can cut another $10 a month off that one. It has been a pain in my behind for awhile... I don't use it much at home, b/c I use my cell... but I feel like I need the basics... which seem to stay around 40-50 each month! UGH. So, I'm determined to make a change somehow. Even if that means getting a 2nd cell and keeping that one at home or something. I don't know yet.

Sis has the same issues. So, we've been working on our budgets for this year. Really trying to be more frugal day to day... My number one goal this year is to get my credit cards paid off. Must.do.

I realize that it seems kind of silly to nickel and dime some bills... but I live by the rule that EVERY LITTLE BIT COUNTS. :) so... there you have it. If you're trying to budget, just remember that encouraging little tidbit. 'Cause it all adds up. Believe you me.

Peace.

No comments: