Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Kitchen Cleaners

So, a quick note to say that I went to the store last night and got a Clorox kitchen cleaner last night... thought I should get something "real" in addition to the vinegar solution I use in the kitchen. Just let me tell you - that crap stinks!! I mean, literally. I can still smell it and I'm not even at home. It is just WAY too strong. So, either I'm going to dilute it, or just use it for outside or something.

Back to the vinegar I go!!

Oh, Sis asked me how to make laundry detergent, so I thought I'd post it here, too. It is a dry detergent, I haven't made liquid stuff, yet.

2 cups grated Ivory soap (or bastille, but I just use Ivory and it is great)
1 cup Borax*
1 cup washing soda*
Mix well

Use 2 TBL for a regular to large load of laundry. It if is extra soiled, use 3 TBL.This does NOT make suds in the wash...but, it cleans just fine!!! :)

*Both Borax and Washing Soda can be found in the laundy aisle at your grocery store, at least it can at Kroger.

Peace.

1 comment:

Micha said...

I totally agree on commercial cleaners! The house always feels toxic to me afterward. Vinegar and baking soda are the way to go!