Wednesday, February 4, 2009

GiST 2/4

I'm a bit crabby tonight, so let's see what I can come up with!! lol

thankful for the little things:
1. breakfast for dinner
2. being able to take a 1/2 hour lunch at work
3. heat
4. my blanket from Mexico (not sure why, but it is one of my faves)
5. slippers

Yes, I'm cold today. My menu is sort of working so far... I know it's only been a day, but last night we had leftovers and tonight I made egg/hashbrown scramble and an english muffin. I'll make the quiche tomorrow night, probably. I didn't tonight because I had to go to the grocery and then clean up after one of the dogs when I got home. By then, I was NOT in the mood to really cook. So, I improvised. :)

I've been reading other folks "easy" and "cheap" meal night suggestions. That is one of mine - breakfast for dinner. Anything with eggs, really. We also do a lot of rice and beans, some pastas. Other suggestions are welcome. :)

Peace.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

We LOVE breakfast for supper. Pancakes with peanut butter are a favorite. I also make coco wheats with milk instead of water, and stir in a handful of large marshmallows. Makes them very 'fluffy.' Not the most healthy, but when you add a side of scrambled eggs, it's not quite so bad:)

Sandee said...

Melissa,

Hi...I saw your post on my blog...yes I will soon be a single mom to 5...but you take it one at a time usually....:) I had my first two boys and become single by circumstance, ...then my daughters, all by choice. I would not trade if for the world.

I remember a guy from work saying to me once "Well that is quite a lifestyle"...he meant it as an insult, I took it as a compliment!

We have momma-hearts! Whats a gal to do, if she has a momma heart?

Thanks for stopping by my blog.