Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Live Intentionally


Do you live intentionally? I mean, do you really live moment by moment by moment? I know I don't always do that. But when I do, I feel more alive and more satisfied. But I have gotten bogged down by fears of this so called thing called life... and I find I have to re-commit to myself to live intentionally.

What does this mean? Well, for me, it means that I enjoy these few moments of quiet. Turn off the TV. Sit and watch the dogs play. The baby play (or as of right now, napping in her bed). Listen to the birds. Look at the flowers. Take a walk. Enjoy the actual moment I'm living in right now. :) What a concept, eh?

Think about it though... we Moms, Adults, Women, Working People... ALL People... don't we just go, go, go most of the time? How often do you just enjoy this moment right now?

That's my prayer for you and me both today. Enjoy this moment. Whatever it is. It is fleeting.

Peace.

2 comments:

Amy Platon said...

I totally agree. it is something you have to constantly remind yourself to do. But doing it is so rewarding. It makes all the complications seem so small. It's instant therapy! Thanks for the reminder!

Ellen said...

Hi Mellissa, Thanks for stopping by and visiting my blog. I was curious where you found me though.