Friday, May 8, 2009

Loss part of Adoption

Each and every day I'm reminded that there is a part of Lil M's life that she lost when she came to be my daughter. It is not insignificant. It is not unimportant. Do I wish I knew more about what her first parents circumstances were? Yes. I do wish I knew more. I know someday Lil M will ask about it, and it saddens me that I don't really have any answers for her.

I'm so glad she's my daughter. And the cool thing is, that I don't really feel like I need anyone else's recognition of our Mother/Daughter relationship this weekend. Just knowing she does love me makes all the difference in the world! :)

So, for this Mother's Day weekend, I will pause and remember with great respect the woman who gave birth to my daughter. May she be blessed in her days, no matter what her circumstances are, were, or may be.

Happy Mother's Day weekend to all the Mom's out there!!!

Peace.

1 comment:

E-S said...

Happy Momma's Day! My kids are still in the first phase of our adoption after almost one year! Ugh. Right now I'm just trying to focus on Baby Miracle. I hope your Sunday is blessed! Thank you for your heart! Emma