Sunday, February 20, 2011

A week and a day

Baby B has been with us for a week and a day now. Last night, she got sick and threw up all over my cousin Hannah after a book signing we went to, oh my!! :( I've been getting used to having two kids with me all week. Last weekend, Lil M was sick all Saturday and this week it's been Lil B. Poor thing. She seemed better when she went to bed, even her fever was down, thank goodness.

A lot has happened this week. I've had school, an exam, a daily simulation for one of my classes and we also hung out with friends this week.

B's mom has called or texted every day, but hasn't been to visit since last Sunday. Because of her age, she was given the opportunity to come live with us and get herself back on track, but she said she didn't want to. Today, however, when she called, she told me that she wants to. So, who knows. I do know it is in a child's best interest to be with their biological parent, but sometimes... well, sometimes I just wish those parents would have the ability to do right by their children. If that means not parenting, then they should make that decision. If it means parenting, then step up. Do whatever it takes. I just don't see that in some of these folks, though. And I have that fear here.

I know that I'm just fostering here, but I won't lie and say I didn't wish that I had the opportunity to adopt in this situation. I do pray for Baby B and whether she's here or ends up back with her Mom that she is well taken care of and has a great life.

Yes, it's only been a week, but I already worry about her. All I can do is give it up to God and be here for her now.

I got Lil M a new 'cat cat' for Valentine's day (she calls it cat cat because that's what B calls Manna). I got B a moose... who we call... moose. :) Lil M has Meow and Monkey, and now B has Moose and her own Monkey, too.

So back to last night. We went to a book signing, which was cool. I worked all day, then made the girls PB sandwiches and drove to meet Hannah. The parking lot was completely full and it took me awhile to get us in there to meet her. I was definitely feeling a bit off keel because of having both of them instead of just Lil M. Not in a bad way, just in a new Mom kinda way... Hannah was great and a huge help!! I can't imagine she really enjoyed our chaos, but I was glad to get out and see her and I did enjoy myself (even with the chaos).

The funniest thing that happened was when we walked in the door a lady walked up to me and asked me if I was Melissa and I said... yes... she said she follows my blog!!! I said, oh my gosh, I feel like a celebrity!!!! ROFL. What are the odds of being recognized from a blog, I wonder? ;-)

After we got our books signed, we went to Starbuck$. Had some tea... talked and talked... B fell asleep on Hannah... and then, ca-blam!! Sick as a dog. I was so stunned... I just stood there like a freak not knowing what exactly to do... grabbed some napkins, but that wasn't doing the trick. A lady from another table got a towel, thank goodness... and then B completely... well, let's just say we had to throw that towel away. It was BEYOND GROSS. :( Poor Hannah was right in the middle of all of it. Blech. I would never make a good nurse. She, on the other hand, was a trooper!!! Calm, not unnerved by any of it. I was horrified. Even when Lil M got sick last weekend, somehow I was able to avoid the huge nastiness, but not this time. Thankfully, it only happened once. And not in my car!!!! THANK YOU GOD. But it was bad enough driving 15 min home... I can't imagine how she felt driving an hour! Maybe someday we'll have a good laugh over this, but right now... blech. lol I washed her sweater 3 times already, but I'm thinking I might have to get her a new one!

OK, enough of the grossness that was. I have another exam to take this weekend... tons of cleaning... and i'm feeling a bit nauseous myself, plus I've had a raging headache all week. Which included a migraine the other night. :( Did I mention it was a long week?

Thankfully, we're all hanging in there, though. :)

Peace.

2 comments:

Laraf123 said...

Oh what a week. I can imagine the roller coaster emotions that must be happening right now. It takes a special person to be a strong AND loving caretaker. Thank goodness Lil M and B have you.

Hmmm, not sure I'd recognize any of the bloggers I follow but that would be pretty neat. Makes me think I'm going to have to wear something other than sweats and my hair in a pony tail next time I go to the grocery store!

Hannah said...

lol Just got around to reading this! Hysterical! Seriously, i had THE BEST time with you guys! Poor Baby B! I'm sure the sweater is fine! Can't wait to see you guys again!

Hannah