Tuesday, March 22, 2011

No cool title is coming to me

This past week has been pretty busy. T asked me to take baby G overnight this weekend, so I did. I was a little surprised, since they came and spent the night last weekend. This time it was just Gabe.

I had a migraine.
We did a family visit with Baby B's gma.
March madness.

The migraine lasted all Friday and most of Saturday. Then had a headache Sunday. So, it was pervasive. :( blah. I missed a lot of games because I just couldn't take it. I also didn't study. I also missed a concert I'd been wanting to go to and had even gotten a sitter for!! :( But there was no way i could have handled that much noise the way my head hurt. Ugh. Hate that.

Gabriel turned 2 months old today. Wow. Too soon to tell how they are all really doing, but I'm glad that T is still talking to me and wanting to spend some time with us.

I love March Madness. I'm weird, but I do. I was excited about the games this weekend (no, I don't watch all of them), but then didn't get to see much at all. Maybe 2 or 3 games total. Oh well, there's always this weekend!!

Sunday evening we did a visit with Baby B's 'mamaw'. It went pretty well... and I could tell that B knew who she was, wanted to be with her and kept asking for her Papaw. It was tough on me, though, 'cause I realized that she will be going there and I'm going to miss her a lot. After the visit, B was a bit more whiny and needed a lot more reassurance that I was still there. Two nights in a row, actually. I'm OK with giving the extra reassurance. I just wish she didn't have to go through all this.

Two other things of note... Lil M did, in fact, get into the school system I wanted her to go to in the fall. I'm pretty excited about that. We received the confirmation letter last Friday.

I start my new job on Monday and am very excited about that, too. This is a promotion for me, and I'm still doing the happy dance. :D

Last week was also "spring break" from school for me. This week, however, is JAM packed with homework, a paper, a synopsis, a quiz and an exam!!!! Yikes!!

........

On a huge downer note, though ... someone that was part of our lives for many years passed this past weekend. She left behind a young child. I'm praying for her and her family this week.

For the rest of us... please be good to yourself and to your children. Life may be difficult, but it is worth living.

Peace.

No comments: