Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Two Simple Ways to Be a Happier Parent on Yahoo! Health

Here is a good article on how to be a happier parent:

Two Simple Ways to Be a Happier Parent on Yahoo! Health

Like the article says, is seems surprisingly simple... it says:

For instance, would you like to know the one thing that will make children do better in school, help them have fewer emotional problems, and make them less likely to become obese or have drug or alcohol problems? Eat dinner together as a family.

I think that making sure we sit down to dinner together on a more regular basis is a great idea, something that I grew up doing and have really gotten away from. This is not the first time I have read this recommendation, but it is the first time I have seen anything that implies it could help prevent children from becoming obese or have alcohol problems... it makes sense.

2 comments:

ellerbee eight said...

I read this article too. It made perfect sense to me. If something is causing a problem and making you crazy consistently, change it so that it's an easier time. Aha! Seems so simple doesn't it? Thanks for sharing.

Tom in Vegas said...

Finding happy moments with Mia isn't difficult, of course, so your job in that regard is very simple. I know that being a parent is unquestionably a chore, but the difference between this chore and some generic chore is the face you love to see and, in turn, loves to see you right back:0)

On a related note, I used to write a weekly advice column for becoming a happier yahoo at parent.com.