Friday, December 18, 2009

Placement

So, I guess soon I'll know who my true friends are and which ones think I'm beyond nuts. :)

I've accepted a temporary placement of a 17 year old girl starting Sunday sometime. Temporary, in that she'll be with me at least through next week. If things work out for all of us, she'll stay here as a placement for awhile. Please send up a prayer for all of us, and I'll certainly keep everyone updated.

She's significantly older than I thought I'd ever accept, but I am a licensed foster parent and I figured I have nothing to lose by accepting a placement. If it doesn't work out, they'll find her a different placement.

This, of course, is part of the reason the ex-bf and I broke up. Maybe I'll decide this route is for me, or I'll decide it's not, but I need to leave the door open. So, to my friends and family out there, please be patient and open if you can. :)

I'm excited and very nervous. And the first thing I had to do was call them back and ask if she could stay with someone else next Saturday because my Mom is coming to my house and she is particular. Since she only comes once a year... I figured it best to not rock that boat.

Peace.

3 comments:

Beautiful Mess said...

WOW! How exciting!!! I'm sure she and you will do fine. It's a big step, obviously, but I have faith in you! As should your friends and family. I'll ALWAYS support you!
*HUGS*

Billy said...

Wishing you all the best with this replacement :-)
Exciting, indeed!

Mama Melissa said...

thank you both. :) she did come today and things are going well so far. wonder if she thinks so, but i think she does. :)

she seems pretty responsible, so let's see if i'm right. if she is, we'll be fine... i think. lol