Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Christian Woman

Yes, I'm a believer in Christ. I've given my heart to God many a year a go. I don't often blog about that part of my journey as much as other parts, but when I found CWO, I think I might give it a try.

I am a single mother by choice, who has never been married. I felt led to adopt, and to adopt from China. More of that story can be found on my adoption blog.

To China and Back...and Beyond


I believe that Single Adoptive Parents are in the minority of the adoption world, and it would be GREAT to hear from some other, so we could lift and encourage each other!!!

I do read scripture myself, and will soon read Christian parables to my daughter. I am trying to be respectful of her heritage and so we are also reading some Chinese books (you can find an excerpt, not verbatim) on the right below. This is not to minimize our belief or following Christ. It is to let Mia hear some Chinese tales and stories to help her connect to her birth country. I don't have all the answers. All I can do is try to follow what I think God wants for my family.

I'm still prayerfully considering a 2nd adoption. Please feel free to add it to your prayer list, if you wouldn't mind. :)

May Thanksgiving and Peace be yours this season.

No comments: