Saturday, November 7, 2009

Steven Curtis Chapman

I love Steven Curtis Chapman. He and his wife, Marybeth, just seem amazing to me. They adopted from China three times. THREE. He has amazing music, always has, IMO. They also have a foundation to give grants for adoption.

Here is their site : ShowHope.org

He is also participating in Orphan Sunday tomorrow at 4pm CST, and I already posted that link, but here it is again, just in case. :)

Interestingly, I accepted prayed the sinner's prayer when I was 15, but I really became a believer when I was 21 at a(n) SCC concert. Actually, it was during his opening act, but they are no longer together. I did, however, think SCC was wonderful back then, too. Anyway, they hadn't adopted yet, and I had no idea that they would walk down a similar path as I have with adoption. (I would go back to China in a heartbeat if they'd allow singles again!!)

Anyway, I really do find them quite amazing and beautiful spirited people. And amazing advocates for Adoption. I do not find it coincidental at all that his new song was available this month. :) (It is about one of their daughters, whom they lost to a tragic accident in 2008... which happened, strangely, on my birthday)

Peace.

No comments: