Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Yep, it's Wednesday

This week and last, I've been trying to figure myself out a little more and more. I haven't had any major revelations, yet, though. ;-)

I was presented with a potential placement (foster to adopt) yesterday and am not sure what I'm going to do yet. It is a 12 YO boy with type I diabetes (juvenile) and it's a little scary. At the same time, I feel like I should consider it, so I am. I have the option of taking him for a weekend to see how I might handle everything (without him knowing it would be a potential placement)...and if I do, I need to get the 2nd bedroom ready now!!

Oh, let's see... I bought some butternut squash this weekend when we went to the pumpkin patch, and I cooked 2 of the 3 of them. I think I might try to make a pie out of it tomorrow, but I need some evaporated milk. I know it isn't pumpkin, but it seems mild enough and might make an interesting pie. :) Who knows... or I might see about making a pumpkin (type) bread with it.

Peace.

1 comment:

Beautiful Mess said...

Ooohhh having a 12 year old boy would be SO interesting! My daughter is 12 and there is never a dull moment around here. And it isn't as dramatic as a lot say! Plus Mia will LOVE having an older brother type figure around! I have SO much to say on this, but I'll keep my mouth shut. It's all good though! If you want more of my opinion shoved down your throat email me and I'll spew it all ;o)

I just bought evaporated milk today for a pumpkin pie! Let me know how your pie turns out. I'm really curious!
*HUGS*